Thursday, November 6, 2014

One Room Challenge: The Reveal! (Master Bedroom)


These past six weeks have gone by way too quickly.  I didn't get nearly as much done during the One Room Challenge as I wanted to, but I definitely got more done than I would have if I had not participated.  The room is far from done, but I think it has come a long way.  Here's what I have crossed off my list, and what I still want to get done...hopefully finished over this winter.

- Touch up paint on walls and trim that need it.
- Caulk trim and wood paneled wall where needed.
- Purchase and hang curtains.-
- Replace drawer pulls on dressers.
- Replace handles on closet doors.
- Hang things on the wall/decorate the room.
- De-clutter and organize dressers.
- Get white cord covers for the lamp cords on the headboard.
- Paint dressers white (leave top dark wood).
- Add pop of another color to room.
Revamp closet to maximize storage.
- Add hanging mirror/jewelry storage.

And of course, here are the photos of the semi-finished room.  I've also included a few before & after photos at the end, so you can see what it looked like when I started.










 And now for a few before and afters.  These first photos are the before and after from when I started the one week challenge six weeks ago.  The most noticeable change is the curtains, but if you look close, you'll notice the cord covers and new dresser hardware (and touch up paint on the window sill).


Now, for some much more dramatic before and after photos, here is what the house looked like the day we moved in, and how it looks now.


I have loved that this link up has challenged me to do things that I otherwise would have kept putting off.  It has made me determined to get all of the projects for this room done over the next few months.  I can't wait to participate again next time and hopefully get another room in my house done!  Or close to done anyway :)




Linking up again today with Calling It Home for the One Room Challenge.
The Blogger's Digest

10 comments:

  1. It's funny how something small like white cord covers can make such a big difference in making a room look more finished. The ORC is definitely good motivation to finish projects around the room. My bathroom would probably still be missing a drawer if I didn't participate...haha. Looking forward to following along as you cross off the rest of the items on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it!! The curtains are so perfect for the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ An absolutely stunning space! I love the draperies. As a fellow 6 week participant the six weeks was indeed a challenge and you rose up. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some great progress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference! Love the white trim and I love the curtains! It really changes the look of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much better Erika! Window treatments always make such a big impact in a room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erika, the white makes the space feel so light and bright. I love where this is headed. Can't wait to see what you do in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference! Love those curtains; you must be very happy with the progress you've made. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The before and after is amazing! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete