Thursday, May 22, 2014

Crocheted Chevron Baby Blankets

Over the winter, I crocheted two chevron baby blankets for two of my friends who were expecting little girls in April.  If you crochet, you'll have to try this pattern.  It's great for beginners, because it's super easy.  It's just chains and single crochet, which are the two easiest things to do. However, since it is all single crochet, it does take a while to complete, but totally worth it.  

I was able to give the purple and white one (my favorite) to my friend Lindsey last night for her baby girl, Adalyn.  I hope she'll be able to get some use out of it this winter :)

The pattern can be found HERE, on eat, knit, &d.i.y.  I didn't finish my ends like she did in her pattern, I left them pointy because I liked the look of it.  





Do you crochet or knit?  What kinds of projects do you do during the winter?


Glitter, Glue & Paint

ItsOverflowing

House on the Way

Just a Girl and Her Blog

Behind the Seams Sewing

23 comments:

  1. I wish I could knit or crochet!! I love how this design combines the "older" look of knitting and the "newer" look of a chevron pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these are so beautiful!!! I wish I could crochet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those blankets turned out great! So cute! I've never tried to knit or crochet...one of these days maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, super cute. Love the chevron. Pinned. found at project pin it. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful. i use to knit scarves all the time and could make a heck of a crochet chain, i should probably take it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I have a friend who's due in June and has a chevron theme going in her nursery. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chevron blankets turned out great!! They are such wonderful gifts for your friends. I started one months ago and haven't even touched it in a while, I need to do it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything chevron, these blankets are adorable! Thanks for sharing and linking up! I'm going to feature you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi im trying to fol loo w your pattern and everything is perfect til i get to the third row at the first tripple sigike stitch then i realise i am off by one stitch and yes i am skipping one stitch for the hook. Help please im trying to make the for my daughter but im completely stuck. Mind you this is my first pattern i have ever done. Thanx in advance

    ReplyDelete