Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Recap: SKUNKED

Happy Monday everyone!  I won't be out celebrating Cinco De Mayo tonight because I'll be home cleaning...you'll understand after you read about our weekend.

FRIDAY:  I went out for happy hour with a couple of my friends/co-workers after work.  We went to Bar Louie and enjoyed some tasty drinks, yummy food, and great company.  Friday night, Kevin and I just hung out at home and caught up on the DVR.

SATURDAY:  We got up early and headed to Muskegon for the day.  We dropped Admiral off for a bath and haircut and then headed to Kevin's mom's for lunch.  When Admiral was done at the groomer's we picked him up and head over to my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday.  My sister and grandma were there too, so we got to spend some time with them, which was nice.  When we got home Saturday night, I decided to test out the light on our patio table.  It's not bright enough to light up the whole patio, but it is a really cool feature that I think we will enjoy this summer!


SUNDAY:  Sunday we headed to Menards to pick up some bricks to line our new flower bed we are creating.  I'm happy with the way it turned out, and hopefully it will help keep the dog from running in that area.  We're hoping to do something similar to our other flower bed areas.  Now I just need to get some pretty flowers to fill it with!  (The bush was already there, and the daffodils I moved from the middle of the yard...so hopefully they will come back next year.)



The rest of Sunday was spent cleaning, catching up on laundry, and doing a little organizing.  As I was folding the last load of laundry for the night, Kevin let Admiral out to go potty for the last time before bed.  All of a sudden I hear Kevin saying, "What are you doing?  Come in here.  Come on!" and then, "Oh no. Oh no.  OH NO!"  So I ask him what is wrong and he says this, "HE GOT SPRAYED BY A SKUNK."  I couldn't believe it.  So we all went in the breezeway so we didn't stink up the house too bad.  Admiral was foaming at the mouth/drooling like crazy.  His eyes were kind of watery and he kept closing them.  And he STUNK.  He was scared and wouldn't leave our side.  I felt so bad for him.  

We called the local animal hospital to ask about it (we were worried about it being in his eyes).  They said his reactions were normal and that we could clean his eyes.  She also told me about a home remedy to wash him with (and it was the same as everything we googled-the mix we used is found HERE).  So I wiped his eyes and cleaned up his drooly mouth while Kevin went to the local store to get Hydrogen Peroxide (needed for the bath mix).  We ended up washing him all over once with the mix, and then just his head (where we think he got sprayed the worst) again with the mix before finishing off with his regular dog shampoo.  It did pretty good getting rid of the smell, but it is still lingering in our house.  Admiral is getting another bath tonight and I will be a cleaning fool when I get home from work.

If you read above, you remember that we had just paid for a bath for him on Saturday...and one day later he gets sprayed by a skunk.  That's just our luck haha.  We can laugh about it now, but it was quite a mess last night!

Has your pet ever been sprayed by a skunk?  What did you do to get the smell off of your pet and out of your house?




Dateless in Dallas

9 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Poor Admiral!! And of course this happens after you recently paid for a bath... Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that would be the absolute worst! Luckily, Lucy hasn't been sprayed by a skunk yet ::knock on wood:: but I always think of how terrible it would be if it did happen. Poor Admiral, I hope he is feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noooooo!!! That sounds awful. Sounds like you sprung into action and fixed it the best you could.

    Love the brick; looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Admiral! Our family dog got sprayed twice. The first time in the face and the second time in the butt. We joked that she recognized the skunk and tried to run away, so it got her butt instead of her face again. My mom bought dog shampoo specifically for skunk smell and it worked pretty well. I don't remember the brand though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, poor Admiral!! I feel so bad for him!! That has not happened to us and hopefully won't! AHH!!!
    So sorry to hear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bar Louie! Poor Admiral :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, your poor pup! Admiral is lucky to have such good parents to come to his rescue. We had a skunk spray under our porch last summer, so I feel for you because I know how horrendous it makes your house smell. Your landscaping looks wonderful, such a nice improvement!

    xo Always, Abby
    Philosophy Skincare Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower beds look awesome with the bricks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I would DIE if my dogs got sprayed by a skunk! I fear that happening! Lol. I hope you've been able to get rid of the smell since then! On a better note, I love bar Louie! They have some delicious food! And that patio table with the light is too cool! I never seen such thing!

    ReplyDelete