Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pinterest Party: DIY State Art

A few weeks ago, I hosted a Pinterest Party at my house with some of my girlfriends (and family).  There ended up being 12 of us and we had a blast!  Since I was hosting, I got to choose what craft we made, and then I was in charge of picking up all of the supplies for everyone.  I decided to do state art, like I had seen on Home Sweet Ruby.  I got a great deal on supplies from Hobby Lobby, so it only cost everyone each $1.00 to make!  Several people brought Pinterest snacks and we had a great night drinking wine, eating, and making our state art.







The State Art was super easy to make.  You need two sheets of scrapbook paper (one for the background, one for the state), scissors, a gluestick, a scrap piece of paper for the heart, and a heart punch (or you can free-hand it).

1.  Google the outline of your state and then insert that picture in to Word so you can re-size it to the correct size.  Print it on cardstock and cut it out.
2. Trace the state on to a piece of scrapbook paper and cut it out.
3.  Glue the state on to your other piece of scrapbook paper.
4.  Cut out a little heart and glue it on your town area.
5.  Cut your scrapbook paper to fit your frame (we did 8x10).
6.  Frame and hang!

When my friend Kaleena and I were talking about having a Pinterest Party, our goal was to make it a monthly get-together during the winter months.  We tend to be busy in the summer, but come winter, we aren't out doing as much and see each other less, so we thought this would be a great way to have  a monthly girls night and have some fun this winter--I can't wait for the next one!

I had a great time, and I think everyone else did too.  I haven't decided where I'm going to hang my print yet....maybe in the kitchen or in our guest bedroom.




The Bajan Texan
The Blogger's Digest




Flourishing at Home

11 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea!!! I love it! Makes me want to have a Pinterest party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a Pinterest party! Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I want to throw a Pinterest party now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to have a Pinterest party!! I love the state art, such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends and I have been talking about having a Pinterest party for years, and we've never put it together! It looks like you guys had so much fun, and the state art is such a cute idea! I'm hosting a new link party and would love to invite you to link up with us. It opens every Thursday at 6am and I would love to see some of your projects there! -Amy http://canarystreetcrafts.com/turn-shine-6/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a party! Looks like a fun time with yummy food! I love how your state art turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what a fun party!! I love the Pinterest idea and that everyone brought a Pinterest snack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board. Wow... what a great idea this would be such a great party for me and my friends. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to host a Pinterest party at home with family and friends. I have never thought of that. It looks like they all had fun eating, drinking, and creating art! Thanks for linking up with us at Home Matters Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous idea having a craft night with friends and family! Your project for this month turned out awesome. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party.
    Glenna @ My Paper Craze

    ReplyDelete