Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Five

ONE.  Snow Day.  I had my first snow day of this winter on Tuesday.  Actually, it was only a half snow day because I had to go in to work at 1:00 p.m., but I'll take it!  It's one of the few good things about winter in Michigan.

Nothing could be truer. The weather alone can surprise you. Sun, rain, thunder, ice, snow and slush...all on the same day.
source

TWO.  Speaking of snow....Kevin got to put our snowblower to good use over the past few days.  Let me tell you, that snowblower is one of the greatest things ever!  It only takes him 20-30 minutes to do our entire driveway and front sidewalk leading to our front door.  It used to take 1-2 HOURS with both of us out there shoveling.  And we would be tired and sweaty after doing it.  Definitely a great investment.

This was Tuesday afternoon.  He has had to do it two more times since then. SO. MUCH. SNOW.
THREE.  New Job.  On December 1st I start a new job.  I'm excited but nervous for this new adventure.  I've been at my current job for almost 4.5 years.  It's hard to leave something that I know so well for something new and different, but it's time for me move on.  It's an opportunity that I can't pass up.  I expect the next month or two to be a little slower with blog posts with all of the holiday craziness and learning my new role, so please bear with me.

FOUR.  Shopping Weekend.  Tonight I'm heading on a girls shopping trip with my mom, sister, and aunt.  We are going to an outlet mall for the weekend to do some Christmas shopping...and maybe some shopping for me. Remember the plaid shirt and fur vest I wrote about on Tuesday (here)?  They might end up coming home with me this weekend.

so true lol
source
FIVE.  Banana Ice Cream.  Kevin and I are trying to eat healthier.  It's hard, but we've been doing pretty good and we are seeing results.  We've both shed some pounds and we both feel so much better since we aren't eating so much junk.  The other night I made this banana ice cream.  Three ingredients: bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder.  It was delicious!  It definitely satisfied our sweet tooth without all the guilt of eating a candy bar or some other sugar loaded treat.

ItsSelected: Guilt-Free “Ice Cream” Frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder
source

Hope you have a great weekend and stay warm!



Linking up today with:
 September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for oh hey Friday!



Momfessionals for Friday Favorites!
Momfessionals

ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha for Five on Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Ericka! Found you on the #H54F linkup. Congrats on the new job! I just started a brand new one myself this week. I relocated from DC back to my hometown in VA. Hope you guys are able to stay warm with all that snow! Have a great weekend

    *erica*
    www.lookingtothestars.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your new job is going well!

      Delete
  2. OMG! Look at all of that snow! Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to give that banana ice cream a try - looks good! I can't believe you already had a snow day too, I guess it's a good thing you got your blower so early!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job! That's so exciting! I'm sure you'll adjust really well. :) Have fun on the girls shopping weekend! Sounds like a blast.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum that banana ice cream sounds so good! im living in the south now (i was in chicago before) so it's been SO weird not to have any snow... not hating it tho! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Mama Mio giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! How exciting!!! You guys have more snow than we do up here! Yay for a snow day already though! Haha :) have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete