Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Five

This is my fifth blog post this week.  I'm pretty sure that's a record around here.  Anyway, here is this week's Friday five:

ONE.  Fall photos.  I mentioned in my weekend recap on Monday that my sister took some photos of us so she could practice with her camera.  I might share more of them next week, but for now, here's a little sneak peak:



TWO.  Cleaning.  Please tell me I'm not the only who cleans their house before people come over and then apologizes for the mess?  It's like I can never get it cleaned/organzied just right, and I'm sure the guests don't think it's messy at all.  It's all in my head.  This e-card pretty much sums it up.

So me :/
source
THREE.  Spaghetti squash.  I made it for the first time this week and I actually really liked it.  My husband said "it wasn't that bad," so that really says something.  I even brought some for leftovers at work and it tasted great heated up too.  Such a great, healthy alternative to pasta.  (I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but we are trying to eat healthier--fewer carbs is a big part of that for us.)


FOUR.  Christmas.  Ever since November started/Halloween ended, I feel like everything is Christmas related.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is in a few weeks.  Can we get through that holiday first?  I'm definitely working on my Christmas shopping now, but the decorating can wait...at least until the day after Thanksgiving, then the tree goes up at our house!

FIVE.  Giveaway.  In case you missed it earlier this week, I'm teaming up with a bunch of other amazing bloggers to giveaway a Visa gift card and some ad space.  Who couldn't use some extra $$$ right now?  Make sure you go HERE to enter to win!



Have a great weekend!  I'm off work today to run errands, grocery shop, and hopefully get our yard cleaned up before the rain comes tomorrow.  What are your weekend plans?




Linking up today with:
 September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for oh hey Friday!


Momfessionals for Friday Favorites!
Momfessionals

ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha for Five on Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I've been seeing Christmas stuff since before Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think because we have gigantic dogs our houses will never feel completely clean lol I feel like mine gets messed up seconds after I clean it due to a horse running through our house haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love that photo of the two of you on your porch! Can't wait to see more. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house is never clean to me no matter how many hours I spend cleaning it! I feel the same way about Christmas, Thanksgiving is first lets get through one holiday at a time folks! Hope you have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it's ridiculous how many stores already have out Christmas stuff! it seems to get earlier and earlier every year! Usually the week before or the week of Thanksgiving is when I start decorating. I love the picture of you at Kevin! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete