Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Recap: Yard work and Wedding Gifts

On Friday night I went to a co-ed bridal shower for my friend Melissa and her fiance Justin.  I didn't stay too late because for some reason, I was tired from my first full week back at work after having two weeks off (pathetic, I know).  

Kevin and I went and saw Man of Steel on Saturday afternoon and we both enjoyed the movie.  I had a coupon for a free popcorn since my birthday is tomorrow (Tuesday), so that made it even better :)  After the movie we stopped at Target and spent a gift card from the wedding on a couple hoses, sprinklers, and some other things for our yard.  It's been really hot with very little rain lately, so our yard needed some water.

I put some of our bridal shower and wedding gifts in our front yard (finally) and love they way they look!

Outdoor solar lanterns from Target (here) which were a wedding gift.
Pathway lights from Target (here) which were a bridal shower gift.
Needs a little more, something taller maybe on the front porch, but I like the way it's starting to look.
Love the pathway lights in the front flower beds.
I think my front door needs a wreath...I better get on that!
I love the way the lanterns look at night!
We also got a really cool golf organizer as a wedding gift that we put together on Saturday.  The pictures aren't the greatest, because I had to take them around my car that was parked in the garage, but you get the idea:

From Bed, Bath, & Beyond (here)
Has shelves to store smaller items such as golf balls or shoes.
Sunday morning I went grocery shopping and then came home and did some cleaning and put away some more wedding gifts.  Last week we put together this entry table that we got as a wedding gift from my Uncle.

Table is from Target (here).  Don't mind all the junk on it...

I can't wait to style it.  The candle holder on the table was a wedding gift too.  That's as far as I got...put the table together and put it where I want it.  I plan to move the vase that's on the floor to a different room and I have some ideas of how I want to style the table, but just haven't got that far yet.

We also installed this under cabinet wine glass holder that we received as a wedding gift.  I freed up a lot of cabinet space by hanging my wine glasses.  And I think it looks cool too!

From Target (here)

Overall it was a pretty productive weekend in our house.  My parents are coming over tomorrow for my birthday and to watch the baseball All-Star game.  I hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

-Ericka


Sami's Shenanigans

2 comments:

  1. love it all, especially the wine glass holders! it's amazing what they do for space! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great gifts! Everything looks great where you put them! Happy [early] Birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete