Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Recap: Rainy & Cold

This did not seem like a typical end of July weekend.  It was cold and rainy here in West Michigan for much of the weekend.  On Friday I had a garage sale at my house.  My mom came and hung out with me for the day and we were able to get rid of lots of stuff.  Friday night Kevin and I went to the Whitecaps baseball game.  But it started to rain shortly after we got there and after two hours of a rain delay, they decided to cancel the game because of the field conditions.  We can use those tickets to go to a different game, so we'll try again a different day :)

Saturday was day two of the garage sale.  Got rid of more stuff and my mom and I made a little money over the two days, so I'd say it was a success.  Now I just need to take what's left and donate it, and I'll be happy to have it all gone!

I was supposed to get my hair cut on Saturday, but I got a phone call that morning saying that my hair stylist had had a death in the family Friday night, so she would not be in and had to reschedule (please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers).  So I'm going next week to get it cut...I can't wait to have it all gone!

Saturday night was a lazy night for Kevin and I.  We got pizza and rented a couple movies.  We watched The Hunger Games and Kick Ass.  I was excited to see the Hunger games, since I have read the first two books and am half-way through the third one.  I LOVE the books and the movie was pretty good too.  I realize why I like reading books before I see the movies...you just get so much more information in the books than in the movies.  Kick Ass was just ok in my opinion, but Kevin really liked it, so maybe it's more of a guy movie?


I went grocery shopping on Sunday morning and on the way home, the car said it was only 58 degrees outside...at like 11:00 a.m. on July 28, that is not normal!  My mom came over and we packed up all of the garage sale stuff so I could park in the garage again and so it would be easy to load up when I go donate everything.

I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning, and hanging out.  It was rainy and cold, so it was a good day to get some stuff done in the house.  

Hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

-Ericka


Sami's Shenanigans

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you still had a fun weekend despite the rain! I haven't seen Hunger Games yet... I read the books and was afraid of the movie ruining it for me! That is good to see you liked it though... maybe one day I'll watch it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked "The Hunger Games" but, after finishing the books, I didn't think the ending was very good...it left out the major scene where Peeta realizes that Katniss was only pretending to have feelings for him. I think "Kick-Ass" could have been good if it wasn't so strangely silly.

    ReplyDelete