Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Recap: Food & Furniture

This weekend was kind of uneventful, which is fine with me because the rest of our summer is pretty jam packed!  On Friday I worked on getting stuff together for our yard sale we are having this weekend and we got Chinese for dinner...and ate way too much of it.

I worked a half-day on Saturday and then my cousins came over and we grilled out.  The hot, humid weather finally broke on Saturday so it was actually enjoyable to be outside for the first time in a week!

On Sunday we went to Bonefish Grill for lunch to celebrate my birthday (it was the 16th).  Of course we had to get the Bang Bang Shrimp (only the best shrimp EVER).

source
After lunch we went to Target and got a couple things from our wedding registry and then went to look at furniture.  I've been wanting a new sofa and love seat for a while now.  We went to about six different furniture stores and just didn't see anything we loved...so the search continues!

We got a basketball hoop from Target, so we put that together when we got home from furniture shopping.  Well, I should say we started to put it together.  After over two hours all we had done was put the pole on the stand.  They don't make those things easy to put together! haha

Hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

-Ericka


Sami's Shenanigans

5 comments:

  1. We almost went for Chinese on Friday too! Then got lazy and went to a sub place that was closer, haha. Good luck on your furniture search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to bonefish but hear its really good! We also had a hard time finding our furniture! Its a big decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from twitter via Ashley (@cupofashtea). Furniture shopping is the worst - SUCH a commitment! And they just opened a Bonefish by my house but we haven't tried it yet. Everyone loves that shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to find furniture that is comfortable, fits and you actually like. Hopefully you find something soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you!! I've never been to Bonefish but have heard so much about their bang bang shrimp! Oh my, before we had our house I had envisioned furniture shopping to be the funniest thing ever...but after doing it, it's hard work!!

    ReplyDelete