Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's Crunch Time...Literally

Only 1.5 months until the wedding.  WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!?  It seems like we just got engaged, but that was 15 months ago!  Since I only have a short amount of time until the wedding, I really need to get moving on my fitness.  

I had a dress fitting about a week ago and I feel great in my dress.  I feel confident and beautiful.  I think the dress fits perfectly.  Do I feel the same confidence in a bikini?  Nope!  And since we are going to Atlantic City for our honeymoon and I plan on spending some time each day on the beach or at the pool, I need to get in bikini shape.

source
I don't think I'm fat and I'm not trying to loose weight.  I just want to feel confident when I see myself in a bikini.  I'm just not there yet.  I want to tone and tighten some specific areas, so I'm going to work hard these next 6 weeks to do that.  I'm hoping that putting this on my blog will help hold me accountable.  

Exercise:
Kevin and I usually go for at least a mile long walk with the dog every night.  I know these walks are better than nothing, but it's just not enough for me.  I need some more cardio.  So I started following the Beginner 5K Training Plan on RunKeeper.  I have the app on iphone, so every time we go for a walk or do any other type of activity, I track it through RunKeeper.  The training plans are great, and I plan to continue to follow the 5K plan to help me get back in to running.

source
I also need to start doing some toning exercises.  There are some great workouts on the ToneItUp site that I'll be using, along with some I've found on Pinterest.  I think incorporating one cardio workout and one toning workout each day will make a big difference in these next 6 weeks.

Food:
This is another place I need to make some major improvements.  I just need to make some smarter choices. I need to snack on healthier foods instead of junk food.  That will be a huge helper for me.  I don't think I eat terrible, but hopefully just some simple changes (especially in my snacking) will make a difference.

source
So like I said, it's crunch time...literally...gotta get those abs toned and ready for Atlantic City!

-Ericka



No comments:

Post a Comment