Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Our Engagement Story

In honor of the Wedding Wednesday link up that Meredith and Elizabeth are hosting, I decided I would share our engagement story.

It was March 12, 2012 (one year ago yesterday-I can't believe it's been a year already!).  A few days before, we had put an offer in on a house that we really liked.  (We had started house hunting in January 2012, and we were living in our apartment at the time.)  I got the call on March 12 that we didn't get the house.  I was at work and I was super bummed.  Kevin was working from home at the time, and after I told him the news about the house, he came to my work and brought me some candy (Cadbury creme eggs to be exact-my favorite).  I thought he was just bringing me the candy to try and cheer me up about the house.  I told him he didn't need to do that but he said, "it's because I kind of like you."  That response was typical of him and it made me smile.

Before I left work for the day, Kevin texted me and asked if I would grab the mail on the way in to the apartment.  I said sure, but in my head thought, "why can't he just get it...we live in an apartment and the mailbox is in the hallway!"  But on my way in, I opened the mailbox and there was a single red rose and a note that said, "this is because I really like you."  Again, I just thought he was trying to make me feel better about not getting the house.  I thought it was sweet, but didn't think too much in to it.

When I came in the apartment, there was a bouquet of roses sitting in a vase on the table.  I thought, "wow, he's really trying to cheer up about this house."  I told him that was really sweet, but he didn't have to do all of that.  And he said "that's because I love you."  After he said that, he came over to where I was, got down on one knee, took the ring out of his pocket, and said, "and this is because I love you more than anything in the world."  And he asked me to marry him!!!!

I had no idea that the entire day was leading up to him proposing.  I was so surprised and happy and excited all at the same time!!
The ring is perfect.  It's exactly what I wanted!
After he proposed, we went out to dinner at Bonefish Grill, had an amazing meal, and enjoyed calling all of our family and friends to tell them the news.  My bad day turned in to the best day of my life.  I'm so excited to marry my best friend in 3.5 months!




8 comments:

  1. aww how sweet! i love how creative they can be. I'm glad your awful day turned out so wonderful!
    thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, tears in my eyes! Love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had tears when I was writing it :) Love you too!

      Delete
  3. Hello recently-engaged lady!! I have so many wedding giveaways coming up on my blog. (the one right now ends tomorrow...so hurry and stop by!!) I hope you win, I'd love to give it to a bride-to-be!

    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet and thoughtful proposal!! Such a great memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more.

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. :) I LOVE a good proposal story :)

    ReplyDelete