Thursday, May 9, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It: Jalapeno Poppers

Yayyy for the return of Saw It, Pinned It, Did It with Katie and Stephanie!!!

My fiance loves stuffed jalapenos, so when I saw this recipe for jalapeno poppers on Pinterest, I knew I had to make some for him.

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese
1 small chipotle in abodo sauce (1 chipotle pepper, not 1 whole can)
2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
8 square wonton skins (I couldn't find these at my grocery store, so I used fillo dough cups)
cooking spray
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
muffin tin (a large muffin is pictured below, but I ended up using a mini muffin tin)


Step 1
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

Step 2
Pulse together the cream cheese and chipotle until smooth and creamy.  Add chopped jalepenos.
I didn't "pulse" mine, I just mixed it with a spoon.  Next time, I don't think I will even add the chipotle.  I didn't chop it well, so I ended up picking it out anyway.  



Step 3
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.  Place fillo dough cups in muffin tins and top with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture.


Step 4
Bake for 10 minutes or until fillo dough cups are golden brown.  Serve with sweet chili sauce and enjoy!
We didn't end up using the sweet chili sauce.


These were DELICIOUS after they cooled a little.  We ate a few the night I made them, and then I put them in containers in the fridge to eat later.  However, they were not as good after they had been in the fridge.  The fillo dough cups were not crispy anymore, they were soft, which I think is what ruined the taste for me.  I would recommend eating these while they are fresh, not trying to save them to eat later.

Overall, they turned out great!  There was good jalapeno flavor without being too hot, and the crunchy shell and creamy filling were the perfect combination!

-Ericka




Eat Drink & Be Mary

5 comments:

  1. Those look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well aren't you the sweetest fiance?! Billy loves jalapeno poppers, too! they look so good!

    Thank you for linking up today, girlfriend.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These look good! My fiance would like these too...he loves the spicy stuff! xoxo, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great Ericka! I love anything that is bite sized, and I like to hear that it wasn't too spicy. I knew a lady who made jalapeƱo popper dip and it was THE BEST!! Thanks for sharing at DDT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Stopping by from the DDT link up. I have all these ingredients on hand and curious to try to them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete