Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weekend Recap: Cincinnati!

I'm a day late with my weekend recap because I spent all day yesterday recovering from a fun weekend in Cincinnati.  Kevin's brother and his wife live in Cincinnati.  We met Kevin's cousin and his girlfriend there, and Kevin's mom was already down there (she went down a few days earlier).

FRIDAY:  Kevin had to work, but I had the day off.  I had an eye doctor appointment in the morning, and then I took Admiral to my parents' where he was staying for the weekend.  I came home and packed my stuff, a cooler, and snacks for the road.  I picked Kevin up from work at 5:00 p.m. and we headed to Cincinnati.  After a long drive full of rain and road construction, we made it there around 11:30 p.m. that night.  Even though the drive wasn't ideal, we did see a truck with giant pumpkins on it, which made it a little more fun!


SATURDAY:  We got up early and headed to Findlay Market for breakfast and to check everything out.  We went to an early lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant and then headed to the Cincinnati Zoo.  It was chilly that day, but the Cincinnati Zoo is awesome, so we had fun walking around for a few hours.






We went to Boi Na Braza for dinner (ate way too much) and then headed to the University of Cincinnati football game.  Cincinnati did not play well and it was cold, but I had a blast.  And that checked one thing off of my fall bucket list--go to a football game!  Even though it was a college game, they played at the Cincinnati Bengals stadium, so that was cool to be in an NFL stadium,

 



SUNDAY:  After a long day on Saturday, we all slept in a little and then went bowling before going to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch.



After lunch, we loaded up the car and headed home.  Once again, we had a great time in Cincinnati!  Thank you to Chris and Lisa for being such great hosts, as always!

How was your weekend?  I'm looking forward to catching up on some blog reading this week to see what you were up to.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I need to find a zoo around here to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, looks like you had a crazy fun and busy weekend!! Those zoo pics are so cute. That bubble window thing would freak me out, though, haha.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete