Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Pet Peeves

Pet peeves. We all have them.  I know I'm not perfect and I'm sure there are things I do that annoy the heck out of other people.  Here are some of my pet peeves:

- When people use the wrong form of a word (example: their, there, they're).
Misuse of there, their, and they're | 32 Really Frustrating Things In Life
source
- Story toppers.  One uppers.  Whatever you want to call them.  People who always have to top your story with something that happened to them.

- When people don't use their blinker when they are turning.
Ahh, posted...rant over!
source
- When the closet doors are left open in the bedroom.  I can't go to sleep if the closet doors are open.  It's weird, I know.

- When people post a vague status update on facebook.
Seriously!!
source
- Walking barefoot and things sticking to my feet when I'm inside (I expect it when I'm outside barefoot). I hate when dirt or anything sticks to the bottom of my feet when I'm in the house.  That's why 99% of the time I wear socks or slippers in my house.


What are some of your pet peeves?




Helene in Between Blogtober

6 comments:

  1. Vague status updates were one of my main reasons for deleting my Facebook. And I hate the their/they're/there. People say "This isn't English class", but are we not all adults? If you made it to ninth grade, you should know which one to use!

    I also can't stand soapboxers...people who go into lengthy rants in inappropriate places, such as the line at a store. Having been a cashier in the past, I can tell you it is horribly awkward when you have other people waiting in line, but the current customer is lecturing you about religion, the President, abortion, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha--this is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your pet peeves for sure. Especially the one uppers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.. I know this one guy who is the epitome of a story topper. You name it, he's done it, but better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent idea. i just need to never walk around barefoot. my kids leave crumbs everywhere and it can really send me into a rage if i'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! It's so true! Especially the blinker and the FB one! Totally agree! I have a LIST of pet peeves for a post to do some day and I just keep adding to it all the time! Maybe someday I'll share it :)

    ReplyDelete