Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Pet Peeves

Pet peeves. We all have them.  I know I'm not perfect and I'm sure there are things I do that annoy the heck out of other people.  Here are some of my pet peeves:

- When people use the wrong form of a word (example: their, there, they're).
Misuse of there, their, and they're | 32 Really Frustrating Things In Life
source
- Story toppers.  One uppers.  Whatever you want to call them.  People who always have to top your story with something that happened to them.

- When people don't use their blinker when they are turning.
Ahh, posted...rant over!
source
- When the closet doors are left open in the bedroom.  I can't go to sleep if the closet doors are open.  It's weird, I know.

- When people post a vague status update on facebook.
Seriously!!
source
- Walking barefoot and things sticking to my feet when I'm inside (I expect it when I'm outside barefoot). I hate when dirt or anything sticks to the bottom of my feet when I'm in the house.  That's why 99% of the time I wear socks or slippers in my house.


What are some of your pet peeves?




Helene in Between Blogtober

6 comments:

  1. Vague status updates were one of my main reasons for deleting my Facebook. And I hate the their/they're/there. People say "This isn't English class", but are we not all adults? If you made it to ninth grade, you should know which one to use!

    I also can't stand soapboxers...people who go into lengthy rants in inappropriate places, such as the line at a store. Having been a cashier in the past, I can tell you it is horribly awkward when you have other people waiting in line, but the current customer is lecturing you about religion, the President, abortion, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your pet peeves for sure. Especially the one uppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.. I know this one guy who is the epitome of a story topper. You name it, he's done it, but better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent idea. i just need to never walk around barefoot. my kids leave crumbs everywhere and it can really send me into a rage if i'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! It's so true! Especially the blinker and the FB one! Totally agree! I have a LIST of pet peeves for a post to do some day and I just keep adding to it all the time! Maybe someday I'll share it :)

    ReplyDelete