Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Recap: Race, Wedding, & Football

Happy Monday!  I'm excited to share all about our fun weekend with you.

FRIDAY:  After work I picked up race packets for my two friends and I, and then I headed to Target to look for a dress for the wedding.  Friday night was spent relaxing on the couch since I had to be up early on Saturday for the 5k race.

SATURDAY:  I headed to the 5k race with my two friends.  My goal for the race was to finish in under 30 minutes.  My official time ended up being 30:38.  I was mad that I was so close to my goal, but didn't meet it.  But, it was a PR for me, so I am happy with that!  I'll just have to reach my goal at the next race.

When I got home from the race, Kevin and I spent almost three hours raking and picking up leaves...only to have the yard look like we did nothing a few hours later.  Oh well!  Fall for us, means spending several hours every weekend cleaning up leaves.

Saturday night we headed to my friend from high school's wedding.  The wedding was at a barn and it was a beautiful location!  The ceremony was outside and it was a little cold and windy, but it was such a nice wedding.  The reception was inside the barn and it was so pretty inside!  I had a great time catching up with some of my best friends from high school that I don't see near enough!

Out door ceremony in front of the barn.




Dress from Target HERE (I got 25% using the Cartwheel app)

Such a beautiful barn reception!
After the wedding, we stopped at our friend's Halloween party for a little bit before heading home.  We didn't say out too late because we were tired from doing yard work (and me running) all day.

SUNDAY:  Football started early in our house...the Lions played in London, so the game started at 9:30 a.m.!  Usually the Lions play at 1:00 p.m. on Sundays, so it kind of through my entire Sunday schedule off haha.  After the game I did some grocery shopping and laundry and just hung out the rest of the day.

Funny Story:  I don't know what it is, but Admiral gets really "weird" on Sundays when we watch football.  He always wants to be on me, but not cuddle...he sits awkwardly and pants or stares at me the whole time.  I don't know if it's because we yell/cheer during the games or what haha.  Here is sitting on his butt with paws on me on the couch...so silly!



Have a great week!


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely wedding...and LOL at Admiral. Sometimes Saint will behave a similar way for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your PR, lady! It's frustrating not meeting a goal, but well done getting your best time. Now you have a new goal for your next race.

    The wedding looks so beautiful and your dress is super pretty! Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh barn weddings are so pretty!!! You and your friends looked great! Nice job at the race, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm sure next time you'll make it under 30 minutes! LOL at Admiral! Ringo sits like that while we eat dinner and puts his paws on my leg. We should probably teach him not to beg, but it's so cute! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your 5K time, you run way faster than I do!!

    We made breakfast with mimosas yesterday for the early Lions game :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many weddings this weekend! you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend! Congrats on the PR! I love the dress you got from Target! That wedding looks so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is great and beautiful as well. Seems someone is getting married perfectly.

    ReplyDelete