I FINALLY got all of the trim painted white in our bedroom. It took 4 coats of primer/paint to cover it all (5 coats on the wood paneled wall), but it's done and I LOVE it! I still have some spots I need to touch up, but you can't really tell in these pictures, so I'm sharing them. It made the room seem a million times brighter and bigger!
|Stenciled Wall Tutorial HERE.|
|Apparently my camera lens is super dirty...sorry.|
And here's a couple of before and afters. The before pics are from the day we moved in.
Of course, after doing this headboard and trim project, I have a whole list of things I need to do to this room. I haven't "finished" any room in our house, but I have a list for each of them. Here's what I still want to do in our master bedroom:
- Purchase and hang curtains.
- Get new hardware/pulls for the closet and dressers.
- Refinish/stain the dressers darker to match the closet doors?
- Get white cord covers to try and hide the brown cords from the lamps on the headboard.
- Get a new (prettier) ceiling fan (my husband will disagree-he says it works so it doesn't matter what it looks like haha).
- Add more throw pillows to the bed.
- Get a new (cuter) hamper.
- Re-do the closet. It's small and only has one bar to hang clothes. I have ideas to create more hanging and storage space in our closet.
I think that sums it all up...slowly by surely these things will get checked off the list.
What do you think of the white painted trim? Did I make the right decision to chop off part of the headboard and paint all the dark trim white?
Linking up with:
Liz Marie Blog - Inspire Me Please Link Party
Andrea from Momfessionals for her Master Bedrooms Linkup