Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Master Bedroom Update: Painted Trim

I FINALLY got all of the trim painted white in our bedroom.  It took 4 coats of primer/paint to cover it all (5 coats on the wood paneled wall), but it's done and I LOVE it!  I still have some spots I need to touch up, but you can't really tell in these pictures, so I'm sharing them.  It made the room seem a million times brighter and bigger!

Stenciled Wall Tutorial HERE.
Apparently my camera lens is super dirty...sorry.





And here's a couple of before and afters.  The before pics are from the day we moved in.



Of course, after doing this headboard and trim project, I have a whole list of things I need to do to this room. I haven't "finished" any room in our house, but I have a list for each of them.  Here's what I still want to do in our master bedroom:

- Purchase and hang curtains.
- Get new hardware/pulls for the closet and dressers.
- Refinish/stain the dressers darker to match the closet doors?
- Get white cord covers to try and hide the brown cords from the lamps on the headboard.
- Get a new (prettier) ceiling fan (my husband will disagree-he says it works so it doesn't matter what it looks like haha).
- Add more throw pillows to the bed.
- Get a new (cuter) hamper.
- Re-do the closet.  It's small and only has one bar to hang clothes.  I have ideas to create more hanging and storage space in our closet.

I think that sums it all up...slowly by surely these things will get checked off the list.

What do you think of the white painted trim?  Did I make the right decision to chop off part of the headboard and paint all the dark trim white?

House on the Way

Dolen Diaries

ItsOverflowing

Glitter, Glue & Paint

Epic Mommy Adventures

The Bajan Texan

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference! The trim looks SO much better painted white. It definitely makes the space look bigger and brighter! Looking forward to seeing more of the items crossed off your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a difference it makes! I love that you had an envision and ran with it! Now I totally see your purpose and I love it! So bright and modern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ericka! It turned out great!! I love all white, it makes the room look so much bigger

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! Great transformation. Thanks for sharing at Project Pin!!

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete