Thursday, August 7, 2014

Healthy Habits: Motivation & Schedule

I'm really lacking the motivation to workout lately.  It's not good.  I signed up for a 5k in October, so I want to keep training and try to do well at that.  I'm thinking of signing up for another 5k in September too.  I'm hoping that these races will help me stay motivated to run and get back in shape.

True
source
I decided that making a schedule for my workouts and posting it would help keep me accountable.  Here's what my schedule is going to look like:

Monday:  Arms & Back
Tuesday: Softball (run when we don't have a game)
Wednesday: Legs & Butt
Thursday: Run
Friday: Abs
Saturday & Sunday: One day run, one day rest/long walk with Kevin and Admiral.

I'm hoping I can stick with this schedule and get myself back on track.  Ideally, I'd love to wake up early and get a workout in before work, but realistically, it probably won't happen.  I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed any earlier than necessary.  Any tips for getting up early and working out?

On a side note, I got Yurbuds for my birthday and I am loving them!  Regular earbuds don't stay in my ears, but these are great!  They stay in when I run and are comfortable...and they are purple, which makes them even cooler :)



What do you do to keep yourself motivated to workout?  Do you make a workout schedule?




2 comments:

  1. Signing up for races is GREAT motivation! I have been having a hard time with the motivation factor lately but 30 day challenges and that kind of thing help me keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl.... I am right there with you... I have a 5k in 43 days and I am noooot ready. I thought that signing up and paying for a race would be enough motivation to get my booty moving and I was wrong.. Oops.. I want to try those earbuds because regular ones don't stay in my ears either!

    ReplyDelete