Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Recap: New Car, Trivia Champs, & Relaxing

This weekend recap is actually going to start last Wednesday, because I have a couple extra things I wanted to share that happened before the actual weekend started.

WEDNESDAY:  You might have already seen this on Instagram, but I traded in the first car I ever bought and got something new.  After driving it for 7.5 years, it was time.  So I said goodbye to my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am and hello to my 2011 Chevrolet Equinox.  And I'm in love with it!



THURSDAY:  Kevin and I went to play some trivia at a local bar/restaurant with some friends Thursday night, and guess what?  Our team won!  So next week we get to have this cool trophy sitting on our table while we play :)


FRIDAY:  We didn't do much after work...caught up on the DVR and hung out at home.

SATURDAY:  We had a productive morning of cleaning out the gutters, cleaning out the flower beds, and cleaning up all of the remaining leaves out of the yard.  It was rainy Saturday night, so we enjoyed a relaxing night in after our day of yard work.

SUNDAY:  Another good day.  I got up early and went grocery shopping and then we went to church.  After church we went and saw Captain America.  It was really good, I'd totally recommend seeing it.  Sunday night we sold our old patio set on Craigslist and put the finishing touches on the patio set we got for Christmas--it has a part that lights up, so we put the batteries in and tested it out...it's pretty cool!  The rest of the night was spent doing laundry and watching TV.

Hope your weekend was as good as ours and Happy Monday friends!




Dateless in Dallas

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! So much accomplished...I need one of those now that the weather is warming up! :) I am glad you like your new car too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo for getting a new car! Always exciting!
    and selling stuff on craigslist is the best. I hate to just throw stuff awaY!

    Showered With Design

    - also, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New cars are awesome! Great way to purge out old stuff by putting things up for sale. Great Linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the car upgrade, how fun!! The trivia thing sounds so cool! I've never heard of going anywhere to play trivia before (maybe I'm under a rock? haha, I don't know). I want to see Captain America (I really enjoyed the first one) but I'll probably end up waiting to rent it. I'm happy to hear it's good, though. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete