Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chicago

This weekend my fiance, his mom, and myself drove to Chicago to meet up with is cousin, brother, and sister-in-law.  We did nothing wedding or house related, but it was still fun so I thought I'd share :)

We drove down after work on Friday, so we pretty much just hung out Friday night when we got there.

Saturday we got up and took the train into downtown Chicago.  Then we ate Giordanos Chicago Style Pizza.  It's delicious, you should definitely try it if you are in Chicago.  Then we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It was really fun and the best part is, it's free!


Giant Bunny

Great view of Chicago from the zoo

Camel

Tiger

Chris (Kevin's brother) and Kevin playing in the mist

Bear
 Giraffe


Then we walked around downtown, went to H&M and I didn't even buy anything. I can't believe it.  I had been looking forward to going there for weeks and I didn't even buy anything.  The store was just really crowded, so it was hard to look around.  I saw a shirt online that I wanted but couldn't find it in the store, so I left empty handed.

Before dinner, I had my first ever wheat grass shot...it actually wasn't bad!


Me, Drew, and Lisa enjoying our shots :)

And our orange chasers!

We went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, which was delicious. And of course we got cheesecake to bring home for later :) I got the Oreo Cheesecake and it was AMAZING!

On Sunday the boys went golfing and us girls went shopping. Got some good deals on clothes at Target and picked up some cute fall decorations for the house at Michaels (hey, I guess I did do something house related over the weekend).

We drove home Sunday afternoon and then watched the Lions game that we had recorded (disappointing), put away all of our stuff from the weekend, read, and passed out in bed. I was so tired from the weekend, but it was so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment