Monday, March 27, 2017

Healthy Eating (Recipes)

We've been trying to eat healthier for the past couple of years now. As in, I haven't bought pasta, rice, or bread in literally two years. Hello low carb eating. Over the past couple of months, we've been trying out some new recipes to add to our rotation. Kevin found this great app called Mealime that we've been using a lot. It's a meal planning app for healthy eating. We've found some delicious recipes and everything has been easy to make. It gives you all of the ingredients, creates a shopping list for you, and gives you detailed cooking instructions. And no, they aren't paying me to say any of this...Mealime has no idea who I am. We just really like this app.

Along with the Mealime recipes, I love trying recipes I see on blogs or ones I find on Pinterest. Here are some of our favorites:

This is one is SO GOOD. We make it a lot. And it's super easy. A must try.


We made this one for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was a winner!


Chili (by Carolina Charm)
This is my favorite. I could make this once a week and not get sick of it. SO GOOD.

Sweet Potato, Kale, and Sausage Bake with White Cheese Sauce (by Pinch of Yum)


In the summer, our favorite thing to do is grill our meals. We grill about 80% of our meals in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. We broke the grill out a couple of weeks and I couldn't be happier!

My biggest downfall when trying to eat healthier is snacking. I snack morning, afternoon, and night. We started using Nature Box over a year ago and we love it. Nature Box sends 4-5 healthy snacks, every month, for $19.95 (including shipping). You can choose your snacks every month, or let Nature Box choose for you. I figured it was better than spending $20/month at the grocery store on chips and other snacks that were far from healthy. They add new snacks all the time, so you don't keep getting the same thing over and over. It's worth trying it for a few months to see if you like it. You can learn more HERE.

We definitely still have our "cheat" days, but we try hard to eat pretty healthy at home, so we can live a little when we go out with friends or to parties. It was super hard at first, but it has become our new normal. What are some of your favorite healthy recipes?? I'd love to try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment