Thought I'd use Five on Friday to give a little update via a list. Because lists are just easier (and more fun) to read. Am I right?
1. Blogging. This I have not been doing. I have some posts in the works, so look for those coming soon. I've still been reading blogs and following along on Instagram (it's my favorite), but I miss being engaged like I used to be.
2. Sickness. I think every bug that's going around has hit our house. Kevin and I both got the nasty cold that was going around about a month ago, and then last week, I got the stomach flu and Kevin got another cold. I think we're in the clear now, but man that was rough.
3. Running. I've been running as much as I can when I'm not sick. I think I'm back on track now. I run a couple of days during the week before work, just a 2-3 mile run and then I get in a longer run on the weekends. I did a 7 mile run on Sunday and it felt great. Even though it was windy and cold. Only about 1.5 months until my half-marathon!
4. Food. At the beginning of the year, Kevin and I started meal planning and cooking more meals at home and it's been going great. I've got a post in the works about the app we've been using (and loving) and some of our go-to recipes. Meal planning has helped us eat healthier and save money at the grocery store. Definitely worth the 15-20 minutes a week it takes us to plan.
5. Projects. We've done a couple DIY projects at home, which you may have seen a sneak of if you follow me on Instagram. I'm working on blog posts for both of them. And if you don't follow me on Instagram, here's a little sneak (obviously I have paint to touch up and I need to style these, but you get the idea):
So there you have it. A little life update. Thanks for sticking around during my unplanned breaks. I hope to be around here more often now.