Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Junk Free January: The Reveal!

Well, January is over, which means so is the Junk Free January: 30 Day Room Challenge.  I'm so glad that Serena from Thrift Diving hosted this Challenge, and that I had the guts to sign up.  I decided to clean out our disaster of an office.  You can see all of the before pics HERE.  Warning: It was AWFUL.

I'm so happy with the progress I made in this room.  It was basically just sorting, purging, organizing, and moving furniture, but it made such a big difference.  I mean, I can actually see the floor in this room now!  It seems about 10x bigger when I walk in this room.  Probably because I can actually walk in there now haha.



 








There are lots of things I still want to do in this room like paint the trim white (to match rest of house), paint the walls a different color, add length to curtains (I bought them too short-oops), re-do the desk (it has lots of scratches when you look up close), hang things on the walls, and the list goes on.  But I am SO HAPPY to at least have a functioning office for the first time in the 2.5 years we have lived here.

Thanks again Serena for hosting this challenge and motivating me to get this room in order!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks great all cleaned up! I'm sure that was a lot of work, but totally worth it. I can't wait to see how the room progresses as you cross things off your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Awesome job!! I love the way that little coffee corner looks and just how organized everything is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I always love completely cleaning out problem areas in my home, the problem is I usually can never keep them clean. This space looks like it will be very functional, though. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Ericka! Don't you feel good in there now? :) So glad you did the challenge with us this month!

    Serena @ Thrift Diving

    ReplyDelete