One of my "goals" for the New Year is to be more organized, so the 30-Day Junk Free January Room Challenge could not have come at a better time. Serena from Thrift Diving is hosting this challenge and I could not be more excited to participate. I thought this would be the perfect way to get me on track to being more organized this year.
The room I'm choosing to do is our office. It is basically just our "catch-all" room right now and it is a disaster. Today I'm sharing the before photos. They are scary--you've been warned.
There are boxes of things to get rid of, old magazines, our old tv stand, and more things that I probably forgot I even own. I can't wait to clear everything out of this room and get it organized.
Here are my short-term goals for this 30-day challenge:
- Move tv stand to basement.
- Move boxes of yard sale items to storage.
- Get rid of old magazines.
- Clear everything out and re-arrange furniture.
- Only bring back in the room what should be in the office.
- Organize everything so that it is a functional office.
I know I will probably only be working on this room on the weekends, so I don't have any major plans in here over these 30 days. However, I'd love to do some bigger projects in here...maybe this Spring. My list of big projects in here would be:
- Paint trim white to match the rest of the house.
- Paint desk white and removing backing on hutch.
- Paint the room (when I finally decide on colors).
- Fix curtains (they are too short, so I'd like to add some length to them.
I'll be posting weekly on my progress in this room. Here's to making our office junk free by the end of January!
Do you have a room in your house you'd love to make junk free? Tell me I'm not the only one who has a room that looks like this!?!