Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Five on Tuesday

Since I didn't do a Five on Friday post or a Weekend Recap, you get both today...in Five on Tuesday!

ONE.  Thursday was Kevin's birthday and we celebrated by going out to an amazing dinner at The Chop House.  It was the first time we had been there and were not disappointed, that's for sure.  The service and food were great, we will definitely go back.  They have a great special if you go there on your birthday, so if you're looking for a great place for dinner in Grand Rapids, make sure to check it out!

Scallops for an appetizer.

Kevin's steak.

My lobster and crab cakes.
TWO.  We headed to our hometowns on Saturday to celebrate Kevin's birthday with our families.  First we got lunch at Red Wok (great Chinese buffet), then we went and saw The Wedding Ringer--it was really funny, we both really liked it.  Then we headed to my parents' house to celebrate with them and my sister, then we went over to Kevin's Dad's to celebrate again.

source

THREE.  Sunday we got pounded with snow.  It started before we woke up and continued all day and all night.  I had to venture out to the grocery store and it was miserable.  It was snowing and blowing so hard that I could barely see when pushing my cart to my car.  And the snow was so deep, it took everything I had to push my cart through it!  The drive back home was rough too...the snow was coming down so fast the plows just couldn't keep up with it.  After that adventure, I decided I was staying in the rest of the day!

Crazy snow drifts in our back yard.
FOUR.  I finished up the Junk Free January: 30 Day Room Challenge that I was doing.  I worked in our office, and I'm so excited about the way it turned out.  I'll be doing a full post on it this week, but I'll share my favorite part...my little coffee bar!



FIVE.  I'm so excited that my shows are back after their break!  I loved watching Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, and The Blacklist over the past few days.  What are your favorite shows on TV right now?


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Lobster! Look at all that snow! So I guess I shouldn't mention that Sunday was sandals and short sleeve weather here...

    I want to start watching How to Get Away with Murder and The Blacklist. I heard they are really good. Right now I'm watching Downton Abbey and Justified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saginaw got pounded with snow on Sunday, too. In fact, I got stuck in the snow driving to work on Monday morning so it was an impromptu day off for me :)

    I am loving that all my shows are back on, too! I've got quite the line up going, at least one show every night and Thursdays are insane to even keep up with. Bachelor, New Girl, Law and Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, and Blacklist. I also have to catch up on Married at First Sight on hulu every week.

    ReplyDelete