Friday, February 21, 2014

The Intentional Project

A couple of weeks ago I talked about The Intentional Life Project (first post here) that Bre and Ginny started.  The "theme" for this month was health related and my goal was to drink two home made smoothies and/or juices per week.

The Intentional Life Project

So far I've been meeting my goal and I'm proud of myself for keeping up with it.  I've only made one juice recipe so far and I didn't really like it that much.  I think the vegetable taste was too strong for me.  I have a few other recipes I want to try though, so hopefully I'll make another one this weekend.

recipe found here
Even though my juice recipe wasn't a hit, I am LOVING the green smoothies I've been making.  I love making them for breakfast.  My favorite combination is a handful of spinach, small scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 banana, a few strawberries, handful of blueberries, about 1/4 cup of almond milk, and a big scoop of ice.  That's what I usually make because that's just what I have at home.  I've found some different recipes that I want to try to change it up a little bit.


I love the idea of The Intentional Life Project and can't wait to see what next month's theme is!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Super good job with keeping your goal :). I really love that you are doing juices and smoothies (and yes, I prefer the smoothies more too :)). Good job!

    BTW, I will give you a hint...the theme next month has to do with budgeting! Ah :). It's going to be a tough one :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, girl! Love smoothies + juice. Happy Weekend!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try smoothies!!! That way I can put protein powder in them! Thanks for sharing, girlie!! Xo

    ReplyDelete