Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bumpdate: Weeks 5-12 + FAQs

I'm planning to do a "bumpdate" post every couple of weeks. I'm actually 15 weeks right now, but I'm playing catch up, so today I'm sharing all about weeks 5-12 by answering some of the common questions I've been getting.


When are you due?
October 7, 2018

How did you find out?
I had been having some weird "symptoms" for about a week or two, but I didn't really think I was pregnant. I had heart palpitations every morning for about 4 days straight, heartburn (which I've never had in my life), and when I got sick with a cold, I was SO tired. Never been so tired in my life. Every time I googled these things, pregnancy always came up. So one night when Kevin was at a Wild Game Dinner with friends, I took a test, just to see. So I went to the store and bought more haha. And those were positive too! I think I was around 5 weeks when I found out. We had our first doctor's appointment at 8 weeks to confirm, and then had our first ultrasound a few days later.

How did you tell Kevin?
While Kevin was gone at the Wild Game Dinner, I found one of Admiral's bandanas and wrote "I'm Going to Be a Big Brother!" on it. Admiral doesn't wear bandanas unless it's a special occasion, so when Kevin got home, he immediately noticed he was wearing one, but didn't notice what it said, so I had to tell him to read it. He initially thought maybe we were getting another puppy, but he quickly caught on :)



Are you going to find out the gender?
YES! We can't wait to find out if it's a little boy or girl. We both think girl for some reason, so we'll see! We aren't having a gender reveal party, it's not really our style.

How have you been feeling?
Overall, pretty good. I can't complain too much. Around week 7 I started feeling nauseous, but I never threw up, so I'm super thankful for that. I learned that I just had to have snacks with me at all times, because when I started to get hungry, I would get nauseous. Thankfully, that is going away and I'm not noticing it as much. I was also really tired from about weeks 7-14, but that seems to be getting better too. I've started running and working out again, and I'm not going to bed at 8:30 pm every night. Overall, I feel pretty good!

Do you have names picked out?
Not yet. We think we might have settled on a girl name, but not a boy name. Once we find out the gender, we'll decide names for sure. And once we decide, we'll be sharing with everyone.

We are just super thankful for a healthy pregnancy and so excited to meet this little one in October!

If you have any questions I didn't answer, just ask. I'm happy to answer them.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I think Adam would think we were getting another puppy before he would think baby too! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete