Friday, April 28, 2017

Five on Friday

ONE. On Sunday, I completed the Gazelle Girl half marathon, making it my second half! My only goal for the race was to beat my time from the one I did in October, and I beat my time by 20 minutes, so I was really happy. My sister ran the 10k race and we had a good time celebrating afterwards :)





TWO. I saw this chair on the Target Does It Again Instagram, and I fell in love. I don't even know where I would put it, but I want it. 

THREE. This weekend I gave our furniture a quick face lift and it made a world of difference! I picked up some quilt batting from JoAnn's (it was 40% plus I had a 20% off my entire purchase coupon--score!) and got to work pulling out the old foam, wrapping it in quilt batting, and putting it back in. Such an easy way to give the couch, love seat, and chair new life. And they are soooo much more comfortable to sit on now too.

BEFORE

AFTER
FOUR. Grilling season is officially here and I am so happy about it. The other night we had a BYOK bar (Build Your Own Kabob) and it was delicious. We had sausage, mushrooms, three kinds of bell peppers, onions, and potatoes. Tip: boil your potatoes for about 10-15 BEFORE you grill them, otherwise they will take forever to be done.



FIVE. I'm looking forward to fairly low key weekend finishing up yard work (weather permitting) and celebrating my mom's birthday on Sunday. The craziness of summer is coming, so I'm trying to soak up my free weekends as much as I can!




Image may contain: text

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the half marathon! 20 minutes faster is awesome! Your couch looks brand new! I really need to do that to some of our cushions!

    ReplyDelete