Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Life Lately

I can definitely tell the holidays are approaching...things are getting busy. And I know I'm not alone on this. I'm sure you are all feeling the hustle and bustle that comes with this time of year. However, we've been lucky enough to sneak in some fun. A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law scored great seats to the Detroit Red Wings game and asked us if we wanted to go with her and my brother-in-law. It was my first professional hockey game and it's the last year the Red Wings will play in their current arena, so I was excited to go. The Red Wings lost, but we had a blast!



We've also been busy trying to keep up with the falling leaves, but the fact that it's basically dark by the time we get home from work, and our weekends are packed with plans, doesn't leave us much tine to get them done. We recently bought a trailer, that has made the whole process way easier. Where we live, we don't have any woods that we can just blow our leaves into (I'm super jealous of those who can do that). And the city doesn't come pick them up, so we can't just blow them to the edge of the street. We have to physically get rid of them. Luckily, our city has a free yard waste facility that is pretty close to our house. So we've been loading up the trailer and dumping them there every chance we get. We still have several more trailer loads to take in our future, but we're getting there.
See all the leaves on the ground? This pic was taken on a Friday. We had just cleaned up ALL of the leaves on Monday. It never ends!
Last Friday I went on a little shopping trip with my mom and her friend. We went to The Found Cottage, where I picked up a super cute Christmas pillow, and Lost & Found-Treasures of Old and New, where I found quite a few vintage decor items. My favorite was an old wood sled. I can't wait to decorate it for Christmas! Also, it was only $12. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I hit the jackpot of deals haha


We have another busy weekend coming up and then it will be Thanksgiving. Time flies when you're having fun!




2 comments:

  1. I’ve been dying to go to a professional hockey game. It looks like you guys had a blast Ericka :) Living in Northern California I never thought about the issues with gathering and disposing of leaves. You leaf picture was eye opening, Good thing your city has a free yard was a facility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to one hockey game in my whole entire life and it was one of the most fun sporting events I ever went to. :)
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete