Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Recap

FRIDAY:  We had planned on going to a local high school football game Friday night, but the weather had other plans for us.  Shortly after I got home from work, a big storm started with lots of rain, thunder, and lightning, so we ended up staying home for the night.

SATURDAY:  I was up early and headed downtown to run the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure 5k with my friend Kaleena.  I finished in 34:01, and I was proud of the way I ran.  I still have a lot of work to do to get in under 30 minutes for a 5k though!

I was pretty lazy the rest of the morning and afternoon.  I made a couple of things to bring to a cookout we had on Sunday and then Kevin and I rented the movie The Other Woman.  I thought it was a cute chick flick and Kevin thought it was awful...so maybe a good one for a girls night.

SUNDAY:  I ran Sunday morning and then we headed to my Aunt's house to celebrate my Grandma's 79th birthday!  We had so much yummy food and enjoyed lots of family time.

My cousin Cole, my sister Ashley, and me.

Grandma opening presents.







Weekend Recap

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the 5K girlfriend!! That birthday party looks so sweet. :) I'm happy to see you had such a fun weekend.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good race time. Keep going. Keep chasing that PR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great job in the race! Looks like you had a fun weekend! :)

    Thanks for linking up for our weekend recap!
    -Lisa
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Your time is great!! I think that was around the same time I did when I did a 5K race, got a long way to go LOL.

    Thanks for linkin' up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! Congrats on your run! :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete