Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday

Linking up with ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha and you should too!


We were up bright and early this morning to head to Cincinnati for the weekend, so I might still be in the car as you read this...or if it's after noon, I'm probably enjoying some warm weather good company!

ONE.  I know it's not actually Memorial Day until Monday, but I'd like to thank everyone who has served our country, and their families.  Without you, we wouldn't be able to enjoy the wonderful freedom that we have.  So thank you.

MEMORIAL DAY PRINTABLE3
Free printable found HERE.
TWO.  If you remember, Admiral got sprayed by a skunk a few weeks ago, so I just had to get this skunk dog toy for him when I saw it at the store.  He loves it.  And at least this one won't spray him in the face and stink up our house.



THREE.  I picked up a couple of new shirts at Marshall's on my lunch the other day for this weekend and for Birthday Bash in a couple weeks.  It really made me want to go on a major shopping spree...maybe that will be on the agenda for this weekend while the boys are golfing :)

FOUR.  My peonies are getting ready to start opening and I can't wait!!  Maybe after we get back from this weekend trip to Cinci, I'll have some opening up for me.  Peonies are one of my favorite flowers, so I was really excited when I realized there were a few of them at our house when we moved in.



FIVE.  Our first wedding anniversary is one month from Thursday!  I can't believe it has almost been a year already!  We didn't plan a fancy vacation, we decided to save our money.  I do want to do something special though, but I haven't decided what that is yet...any fun anniversary ideas??

I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy your extra day off from work (if you get one)!!


3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip to Cincinnatti! That picture of Admiral with his new toy skunk is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peonies so much! Are they simple to maintain? Enjoy your trip this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For our first anniversary we planned a trip to a quaint place only a few hours away... it turned out to be a disaster! We joke about it every year now, that we wasted our money to go to Chinco-suck Island, so for the past three years we make a big fancy feast at home, listen to music, and drink lots of wine. This year is our 5th wedding anniversary and we MAY get a hotel in the city ... but we are worried that if we go out and spend a bunch again it'll just suck!

    ReplyDelete