Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday: #RedBalloonsForRyan

ONE.  If you haven't heard about #RedBalloonsForRyan, you can click HERE to read a post from Alissa about the tragic loss of her friend Jacqui's son.  Jacqui and Dan's 3.5 year-old son, Ryan, was innocently chasing after a frisbee when he was struck by a truck.  Please keep Jacqui, Dan, and their family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.  I can't even begin to imagine the pain and heartache they must be feeling right now during this devastating loss.


TWO.  On a lighter note, I'd like to say thank you!  This Crazy Thing Called Life reached 150 followers on Bloglovin this week!  So thank you all for reading this little blog of mine.  I really do appreciate it!!!

THREE.  Tomorrow I'm running my second ever 5k race.  My training has been really slacking, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.  I definitely don't care what my time is.  I'll just be happy if I can run the entire thing!  It looks like the weather should be decent, so at least I have that going for me.

true true

FOUR.  I used this recipe to make Pesto Pasta with Roasted Asparagus.  It was so easy and SO good.  Kevin was skeptical, but ended up going back for seconds.  I used whole wheat rotini pasta instead of shells, and left out the sun dried tomatoes (Kevin doesn't like them), otherwise I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out amazing!



FIVE.  Sunday is Mother's Day, so Kevin, Admiral, and I are headed to Muskegon on Sunday to spend some time with both of our moms.  I hope you are able to enjoy some time with your mom (or your children) this weekend too!





Linking up with ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha and you should too!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your 5k tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your 5k went well!! and YAY for 150 followers! So so so sad about that little boy! :(

    ReplyDelete