Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wedding Unity Sand

If you're planning a wedding, or even if you aren't, you've probably seen this cute Unity Sand Shadow Box on Pinterest:



The first time I saw it, I knew I had to have it.  It was different, and it was something that I would actually keep and display in our home after the wedding.  So, after searching several different sites to see where I could find it the cheapest, I ended up ordering it from My Wedding Reception Ideas for $40.  Shipping was expensive at $13.15, which made the total cost $53.15.  A little expensive, yes, but worth it in my opinion.

Here's what ours looks like:




It comes with the two clear glass sand pouring vases, so the only other thing I had to buy was the sand.  I got my sand from Hobby Lobby when it was 50% off, so they were only $1.50 each.  Our wedding colors are different shades of purple and some white, so I got dark purple and white sand.


Now I just need to figure out where exactly I am going to display the shadow box after the wedding!

- Ericka

1 comment: