Thursday, February 21, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It: Floating Jars

I'm linking up once again with Katie and Steph for Saw It, Pinned It, Did It.  This week, I may have stolen borrowed an idea from Katie.  She did a project like this a little over a month ago and I loved it so much, that I decided I needed to do it too!  So while I saw this project first on Katie's blog:



I also drew some inspiration from the following pin on Pinterest:

Supplies:
Hooks
Screws
Drill
Hanging Wire
Mason Jars

Step 1
The first thing I did was purchase these super cute spoon and fork hooks from JJEvensenArt on etsy.  They have lots of other styles and some that you can even personalize.  The hooks come with the screws, so you don't have to worry about finding the right size.  I just picked a spot on the wall to hang them, had my Dad bring his drill over, and drilled the hooks in to the wall.  Super easy.  




Step 2:
Choose your mason jars and add hanging wire to them.  I chose two different size mason jars.  There really is not a good way to explain how to wrap the hanging wire around the jars.  For me it was trial and error.  Just make sure the wire is tightly wrapped around the jars and leave enough extra wire to add a loop to hang your jars.


Step 3:
Hang your mason jars on the hooks and fill with whatever you want.  Just make sure it's nothing too heavy.  You don't want your jars falling!  I decided to fill mine with wine corks :)




I don't have an actual dining room in my house, just a little eat-in area in the kitchen.  It's really the only open wall in my kitchen, since the rest of the walls have cabinets on them, so this was the only place I could really hang them.

  I wanted something to go next to my wine rack on the wall, and thought these would be cute.  I think adding the wine corks was a good way to tie the wine rack and the floating jars together.




4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link-up, and those are super cute. I really link your wine bottle and glass holder too.

    Carly
    thepinotproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason jars? Hammered spoons? Wine corks? Yes, yes and YES! I just love this!! Looks great on your wall!

    Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! YAY! This makes me so happy!! :) :) Yours look fabulous and I'm glad you could find somewhere to put them in your home. PROPS!

    Thanks for the linky love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ensemble. Your jars turned out fab! Stopping by from SPD linkup.

    Nicole
    http://adventuresofasemperfifamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete