Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wedding Invitations

The wedding is less than five months away!  I can't believe how quickly time has flown by!  I've been debating on whether or not we should do our own wedding invitations.  After seeing the costs to have them done other places, we decided to print our own.

One day while shopping at Hobby Lobby, I looked at their DIY wedding invitations and found some that I loved.  I showed Kevin and he liked them too.  The kit includes 25 wedding invitations & envelopes and reply cards & envelopes for only $19.99 (for some reason they are listed at $24.99 online, but were only $19.99 in the store).
Purple Swirl Vellum Jacket Wedding Invitations
They are much cuter in person, but you get the idea.  You can find them here.
I decided I would keep my eye out in case Hobby Lobby had a sale on their wedding merchandise.  As luck would have it, my mom and I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday night and all of their wedding stuff was 50% off!  You can imagine how disappointed I was when there were only two boxes left of the invitations I wanted.  We asked an employee if they had any more, and they said no.  But, they said they could write me a rain check that would be good for the sale price.  So, we bought the two boxes they had, and got a rain check for the rest.  I'm just waiting to get the phone call saying they are back in stock so I can go get the rest!

On our trip to Hobby Lobby, I also got our cake topper and unity sand at 50% off!  Craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics, etc. are great places to look for wedding stuff, especially when they have a sale ;)

Do you have any money saving wedding tips?

2 comments:

  1. we are saving on flowers and DIYing the wedding party ourselves. At this point only me, groom, and mothers will have real flowers.
    I'm also printing my on invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got invites and a few other wedding things at Hobby Lobby for 50% off too! I will probably get more from there in the future - we got our cake cutting set for just $5!

    ReplyDelete