Friday, March 6, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!!!  As usual, the week seemed to drag, so I am really happy that the weekend is finally here.  We have a low-key weekend planned filled with friends and family....and of course cleaning and laundry.

ONE.  Our dryer has been making a loud screeching noise for a while now.  It got to the point where I literally wanted to pull my hair out as soon as I turned the dryer on because it was so loud and annoying.  I was over it, so I started doing some research and sent Kevin to the store to buy some parts.  And guess what??  WE FIXED IT!  It only took us about an hour and cost about $15 for the parts we needed.  We have now fixed our washer and dryer ourselves, and our dishwasher with the help of my Dad.  If you are looking to work on any appliances yourself, definitely check out the Repair Clinic website (here).  I've never ordered parts from there, but I use it to look up the parts for a specific appliance and they have GREAT videos on how to replace each part.  It's been a life saver for us.

TWO.  Kevin somehow accidentally broke our shoe holder....so that means I now get to design my own shoe storage for our breezeway/sunroom!  He doesn't know what he got himself in to :)  There is so much I want to do in that room, but here is some inspiration for the shoe storage I want to create:

Love this shoe shelf bench, easily kick off your shoes and be on your way. Free plans customized to your space on hertoolbelt.com
source
In an ideal world, an entryway has a doormat to wipe shoes on, a shoe rack or cabinet, an area to hang jackets, a sorting station for mail, an umbrella stand, and a spot to put your bags, gloves, and scarves. All this stuff can overcrowd a small space, so only apply the full list if you have enough room.
source

THREE.  I don't know about where you live, but winter in Michigan lasts WAY too long. I am so ready to put away my winter clothes and break out some spring stuff!  Just not having to wear boots and a winter coat every where would be great any time now...

FOUR.  This Easter Marshmallow Bark looks amazing.  I'm pretty sure I will have to make some this year.

Easter Marshmallow Bark
source

FIVE.  I don't think I mentioned this yet, but a couple of weeks ago, Kevin and I finally upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6 and we LOVE our new phones!  Now I just need to find a cute, but protective case for it.  Do you have a favorite place that you buy phone cases?

I hope you have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. That Easter Marshmallow Bark looks amazing!

    I'm due for a phone upgrade this summer and I can't wait! I still have the 4s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they make them for the 6's but we have the glass shield screens from best buy (or probably anywhere online) on our 5's and they are awesome. It protects your screen so great and makes it so clear without ever giving it that smudge look. They are kind of pricey but if you register it, it has a lifetime warranty. That way you can pretty much put any type of case on it and the screen is protected! :)

    ReplyDelete