Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Negativity

Lately I've found myself being very negative, and usually about unimportant things.  I'm over-reacting to things that really shouldn't be a big deal.  For example, I put our Christmas cards out in the mailbox on Tuesday last week, and when I got home from work that night, the cards were still in the mailbox, but our mail person had put mail in.  I was SO mad that she did not take our Christmas cards and I totally freaked out about it.  When in reality, it wasn't a big deal at all.  I just dropped them off the next day on my way to work, problem solved.  

it's all in the attitude
source
I'm not sure where this negative thinking/behavior is coming from, but I'm thinking the stress of the holidays could have something to do with it.  Even though I have my shopping done and house decorated, I still feel like I have tons to do.  Grocery shop for a potluck at work this week and for ingredients for baking Christmas cookies; bake the Christmas cookies before this Saturday morning; and finish wrapping presents.

We won't be home this weekend to get any of that done, so it's adding some extra pressure to finish things up this week after work every night.

The point I'm trying to make is that the holidays should be a happy time.  A time to celebrate the birth of our Savior, a time to be with family and friends, and time to be thankful for this wonderful life we live.

Negativity
source
I'm going to make a real effort to stop stressing and worrying about the little things.  I don't like feeling so negative all the time, and I'm the only one who can change that.  So here's to happier days ahead!

www.facebook.com/befit
source

No comments:

Post a Comment