Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My First Tattoo

I've always thought about getting a tattoo, but was never very serious about it until a few years ago. I decided it was something I wanted to do, kind of a "bucket list" item for me, I guess. But I had two problems: 

1. I didn't know where I wanted it (on my body).
2. I had no idea what I wanted it to be.

Kind of big things to figure out, right? So I just kept it in the back of my mind. About a year ago, I decided that I loved little wrist tattoos, so that's where I wanted to get mine. I liked that it was something I could see, but could also easily cover up if I needed to. 

Now to the other problem; what to get. I wanted it be something with meaning, not something that I just thought was cool. I'm really in to arrows, I think they are super cute, especially a little wrist arrow tattoo. But I worried that in 5 or 10 years, I might not think it's cute anymore. I wanted something that would always have meaning. When Kevin and I decided to run a marathon last year, we both decided we wanted to get a tattoo of our accomplishment after the race.

I browsed Pinterest and decided I wanted a roman numeral of 26.2 (total miles of a marathon) on my wrist. So last October, a few days after we completed the Grand Rapids Marathon, we both went and got tattoos!


Right after getting it done.

Kevin's tattoo

It's been over six month and I still love my tattoo. Small and simple, but has a huge meaning. I have no plans of getting another one any time soon, but I'm not opposed to it either. 

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I've always kinda thought about getting one, but I've never figured out something that I'd want on my body for the rest of my life. Everything I come up with just seems trendy, like the arrow you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the placement and tattoo choice. Definitely a meaningful thing to remember forever!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete