Wednesday, July 15, 2015

DIY Tie Rack

A few weeks ago (or maybe more than that now), I saw Craftaholics Anonymous post a picture of this DIY Tie Rack on Instagram, and I thought it would be PERFECT for our bedroom.  Kevin has lots of ties, and they were all hanging on an over the door hook in our bedroom.  It meant that all of the ties were stacked on top of each other.  It was hard to see them all, and then it was a mess trying to get one down.  He also had a couple of his belts on the hook too.

I showed Kevin the picture and he thought it was a great idea too.  So he headed to Lowe's to grab a couple pieces of wood, and he got to work!  He didn't read the tutorial, just went from the picture.  However, the instructions on Craftaholics Anonymous are great, so be sure to check those out HERE.

After Kevin put it together, I stained it using leftover stain from our coffee table makeover.  Then he hung it behind our door in our bedroom.  I LOVE how it turned out, and how much easier it is to see all of his ties, and pick the one he wants to wear that day.







I want to find a cute printable or something to put on the little ledge, but other than that, I think it is perfect!  When the door to the bedroom is open, it hides it, but yet it is easily accessible.  Such an easy and cheap DIY that made a big difference!


2 comments:

  1. That's such a good idea! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, my husband would love one of these for behind the door!

    ReplyDelete