Monday, October 28, 2013

I Survived...

I survived my first 5k on Saturday!  I realize this is not a big deal to some people, but it was to me.  I'm not a runner by any means, and I've never done any type of race.  It was cold (45 degrees) and rainy when I got up on Saturday morning and I was worried about what the race would be like in that weather.  The race started at 9:00 a.m. and by about 8:15 a.m. the rain stopped!  It was still cold and windy, but it actually wasn't bad once we started running.



I only walked for about 20 seconds during the race, so I was really proud of myself for that!  My finish time was 33:36 and I finished 29th out of 49 women in my age group.  I really enjoyed running the race and I'm pretty sure I'll be signing up for another one in the spring!  Thank you all of your sweet words on here and Twitter over the weekend, it meant a lot :)

After the race on Saturday my friend Kristen came over and we went shopping and then hung out my house drinking wine and catching up.  I also used my new vacuum for the first time and I LOVED it!  I only used it real quick, but I'm hoping to try out all of the features soon so I can find out all that it can do.


On Sunday Kevin, myself, and Admiral got ready and we went and had some fall pictures taken.  The girl that did our wedding photos took these and I can't wait to see how they turned out!  I'll be sure to share them once I get them back.

Happy Monday!




Sami's Shenanigans

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Great Job! Can't wait to see your pictures you got taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 5k! I cant even run for more than like 2 minutes, so major kudos to you! Maybe one day I will attempt one. What kind of vacuum do you have there? I need a new one, mine is full of dog hair haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your 5K! We're in the market for a new vacuum, what kind is yours? Can't wait to see the pictures you had taken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on completing your first race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your first 5K!! new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete