Friday, October 4, 2013

5 on Friday

I don't know about you, but I'm so ready for the weekend!  We have lots of fun things planned, and I'm hoping the weather will cooperate so we can fully enjoy it.


ONE.  Kevin's brother, sister-in-law, and cousin are coming to town for the weekend, and tonight we are all going to a high school football game.  It's the first one of the year for us and I'm pretty excited!  I love football, and hanging out with friends and family makes it even better!

TWO.  I have to work on Saturday, but Kevin and his family are going to walk around ArtPrize while I'm at work, and I'll meet up with them when I get done.  If you aren't familiar with ArtPrize, it's an Art competition where the public votes for the winner.  It's becoming a pretty large event in Grand Rapids and it's really fun.  All different businesses are "venues" and have art inside, and there are art pieces outside too.  Here are some pictures from past years.






THREE.  If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I got my wedding dress back a couple weeks ago.  it's all clean and boxed nicely, but I'm not sure what to do with it now.  I hate to just put it in storage because I love it!  If I had a huge walk in closet, I'd love to display it on a wall somewhere...but I don't have a walk in closet.  What did you do with your wedding dress after your wedding?


FOUR.  It's been 2.5 months since I stopped drinking pop.  It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  Every now and then I get a craving for a Diet Coke, but not often.  I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it and plan to continue for a long time!

FIVE.  In a couple weeks, I'm going to Tennessee with my parents to visit my sister.  We're planning to go to Nashville for a day or two because I've never been.  Any suggestions for things to do, places to eat, etc. while I'm there?

Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. i need to get my dress cleaned....thanks for the reminder!

    have a great friday!
    xo, sarah grace
    gracefullymadedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school football games are always so much fun! Such a trademark of fall! Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even remember the last time I went to a high school football game. Your dress looks gorgeous. I would totally probably hang mine on a wall or find some special way to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ArtPrize event looks so cool! I have a tiny closet and my dress box is taking up most of the top shelf in there. I wish I had a better storage solution but I'm afraid to store it anywhere else since it'll probably be safest there. I've never been to Nashville... hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete