Thursday, December 20, 2012

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It.

Today I am doing my first link up!  I am linking up with Katie and Steph for Saw It. Pinned It. Did it.


I have two super easy holiday decorations for you.  The first is just finding a cute printable, printing it, and framing it!  I saw this super cute printable on Pinterest one day and knew I wanted it in my living room for Christmas.

Original Pin:
found here

All I did was download the picture, print it out in the size I needed, put it in a frame, and displayed it on a shelf in my living room:


Total cost of this project was $0.  I already had the frame, just had to print the photo.

The second project is also super easy.  I had seen all kinds of lanterns on Pinterest and knew I wanted one.  So the last time I was at IKEA, I picked up a black lantern for around $8.  I was just going to put a candle in it and call it good, and then I saw these super cute lanterns decorated for Christmas:

found here

found here

When I was getting my ornaments out to decorate my Christmas tree, I remembered seeing these pins, and decided to put some of my ornaments in my lantern.  I love how it turned out!  Super easy and super cute!  I want to get more ornaments after Christmas so I can fill up my lantern next year.  I'd also like to get something fun to tie on the top of it, but I'm happy with it for now!  Here's how mine looks:



Total cost of this project was about $8.  I already had the ornaments, and you could always pick some up the day after Christmas for a good deal!

Be sure to visit Katie and Steph to see more great Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. projects!


1 comment: