Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bridesmaid Dresses & Cake

This week myself, my mom, my fiance's mom, my sister (maid of honor), and my friend Lindsey (bridesmaid) went to pick out bridesmaid dresses!  It was fun watching the girls try on all of the different dresses.  I decided on the color "lapis" which is a dark purple.  Short (knee-length) dresses for the girls, all in the satin-type material, but I let them pick out which ever style they like best and/or feel most comfortable in.

Here are the dresses that Lindsey and Ashley (my sister) picked:



I was a little worried about having the dresses be dark purple, because the wedding is in June and I didn't know if that would be a "summer" color.  However, I fell in love with that color the first time I saw it, and I think if I use shades of light purple and white for the flowers and decorations, it will make it all seem lighter and more "summery."  At least I'm hoping that's how it will turn out...

We also went to a cake tasting/presentation this week, which was fun and informative.  We have a few more places that we want to check out before making a decision, but cake tasting sure is fun, so I don't mind it :)  Once we decide on somewhere to do our cake, I think that is the last big decision we have to make.  Then it's more of the smaller details and figuring out decorations.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment