Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap


We had such a fun and productive weekend, I just had to share it!  Friday night we grilled and ate outside since it was such a beautiful night.  Saturday morning we got up and painted our breezeway!!  I was so excited to finally get this done!  However, now that the paint is dry, I think it needs a second coat, because you can see the primer through it in some spots....oh well, we only used half of the paint, so hopefully we will actually finish it next weekend.  Here are before and "halfway" after photos:


Before (bright red):


One coat of primer and paint later (needs one more coat of paint I think, but already looks better!):

(please excuse the mess)



The red was just too bright for us.  I think the blue lightens the room up.  I can't wait to finish it and take down all of the blue painters tape and put the room together!

Saturday afternoon we went to Hoptober Fest and had some lunch then had some friends over to see the house.  Saturday night we had Kevin's mom over for dinner and for some play time for the dogs (our dog, her dogs (the mom and a puppy) and one other puppy).  I think the dogs had a blast playing and I can't believe I didn't take any pics of it! 

Sunday morning we got up and cleaned out our cars--it was much needed!  Then we got ready and headed up to Shanty Creek Resort for the night!  We had a nice room with a great view:



 View from the balcony of our room:

Before going to dinner at the hotel:

Our dinner was AMAZING!  The only pics I have from dinner are on instagram because I took them from my phone.  You can follow me on instagram at: erickamarie87



Monday morning we checked out of the hotel and then went golfing at a gorgeous course.

View from the tee box on one of the holes:


I actually had fun golfing...and I didn't do half bad!



It was a great little weekend get away for us.  And since our five year anniversary is tomorrow, it was great timing.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!




No comments:

Post a Comment